W1-1 Why am I taking this class?


Probably, I expect most of the students taking this class will answer similarly. I am taking this class to enhance my English skills as well as to improve my social knowledge.

However, since the name of this class is ‘Invitation to Sociology’ and the class is run in English, I am expecting to deal issues that are not only limited nationally, but also international issues, which might be hard to cover in other classes that run in Korean. I also guess that by using English to search information, I would be able to find much more information compared to researching in Korean.

Therefore, by taking this class, I expect that I might be able to gain general understanding of the overall sociology and learn skills how to deal with the vast amount of the information to find the main point of the material.

Comments

  1. I agree that we can find more specific and extensive information, when we search with using English ! From that point of view, this class with using English will be good experience to us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You want to improve both your sociological and English skills. Me, too. I am a little worried because I am not good at English, but I hope you get what you want me to get in class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are certainly going to discuss many global issues in this class! Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The same goes for me. We have traditionally learned only about Korean society since we were in elementary school. Therefore, I was only familiar with the social terms of our country, so I wondered foreign society. I am also excited and looking forward to learning about other countries' societies.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1-1. Introduction to Sociology

WK 1.4, what is Wikipedia? - Hanane Ben Abdeslam